Saturday 26 October 2013

KCW Project 3 - Happy Homemade dress



A tried and true pattern from Happy Homemade vol. 2, this time version B, which doesn't have the shoulder frills. I couldn't believe my luck when I found this cotton fabric on the $2 table at Darn Cheap - I love the bright green checks.

A couple of minor alterations: I used ties instead of buttons at the back, as all R's button-up dresses catch her hair. And I added patch pockets cut on the bias, as she loves to have pockets to put her little treasures in.



The pattern is an easy sew; the only hard part was getting R to model it. I had to play a half-hour of dentist-and-assistant games (all her toys needed check-ups) and a magnetic doll game as part of our deal, after which she sulkily posed for photos, accessorising the dress with a fly-swatter. This one will get a lot of wear, I think - so loose and comfortable. And the fly-swatter will come in handy once the weather warms up...

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress :) It sounds R has fantastic negotiation skills already ;) I am glad I came across another Aussie blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenya! I see from your blog that you're in Bendigo - any decent fabric shops up there, or do you have to come to Melbourne?

      Delete
  2. Here I am again! :)
    I love this dress! The fabric and its color is amazing!
    I can't wait for my book to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I look forward to seeing what you make from Happy Homemade :)

      Delete