Sunday 28 July 2013

A stretchy skirt for me



As I'm trying to get together a decent wardrobe of clothes, and as I'm terribly fussy and haven't found any skirts I like, I've started to do some sewing for myself. And it seems I'm not the only Kids Clothes Week participant switching from kids' clothes to women's clothes: Shino of Nutta! has started her own 'Mom's Clothes Weeks' ('weeks' because this will be ongoing) and is inviting people to upload photos to a flickr group. So Shino, here's my first contribution: a stretchy pencil skirt.

I bought the fabric at Darn Cheap. Weirdly, it is reversible, with a stripes on one side and spots on the other. It was missing a label and besides being some kind of knit I have no idea what it is - but I really like it. I based the skirt on this tutorial from Crafterhours, but the calculations were a bit difficult for my mathematically-challenged brain so I ended up just winging it... and it worked out fine.

Apologies for the bad photos but besides being a bad model, I had to take these using the self-timer on the camera while being interrupted constantly by children running in and out of the room. You'll just have to take my word for it that it's super comfy and looks pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much for joining and sharing photos on Flickr! It looks so comfy. Love it! and I know how hard it is to take photos of ourselves..I finished my first Washi but couldn't take photo of it yet..Keep on sewing for you!

    ReplyDelete