Wednesday 22 May 2013

Winter dress in corduroy



Another pattern from Girls Style Book: an unlined A-line dress with straps. The pattern is intended to be loose-fitting with no opening at the back, but I adapted it by taking in the sides a couple of centimetres, adding an invisible zip and lining the whole dress. The dress in the book is in linen, which would be stunning, but as much as I wanted to, I couldn't justify making a linen dress at such a chilly time of year. So I went for corduroy instead, with cotton lining, and it's nice and cosy.


When we had a bit of sun today I rushed out to get some photos but R was not terribly cooperative - she seems to really dislike being photographed lately. Then she started being silly and the shoot degenerated into a gigglefest... and I ended up without a photo that shows the dress in its entirety. It is seriously cute though!

No comments:

Post a Comment