Monday 18 March 2013

Playgroup art & craft: Playdough sculptures


Last night I made a couple of nice new batches of playdough. I usually use a cooked playdough recipe (the one that's on the cream of tartar container), but this time I used a no-cook method, which is basically the same except that instead of cooking the playdough in a saucepan you put the dry ingredients and oil in a bowl, then add boiling water. It's a little less effort and the results are - as far as I can tell - identical. You can find a recipe for no-cook playdough here.


At playgroup I put out the playdough along with feathers, straws, matchsticks, pipecleaners and some small plastic animals. Some children stuck things into the dough; others played imaginative games with the dough and the animals.


R was happy poking things into the playdough for a while, then - typically! - invented her own activity: drawing Easter eggs. She then spent a long time painstakingly cutting out each egg. She tells me she is planning to hand them out to all the children at our playgroup Easter egg hunt next week. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment