Tuesday 9 October 2012

KCWC: Day 1


Day 1 of Kids' Clothes Week Challenge and I have to show for it so far is... well, I don't think I'll even bother showing the half-finished garment that is responsible for my unhinged state of mind this evening. I had a fairly ambitious to-do list, but in the light of my lack of progress so far I may have to be satisfied with a little less. The dress I'm working on - the fabric for which somehow escaped the above photo call yesterday - has just about driven me crazy, to the point that I almost abandoned it last night after attempting to join the yoke to the dress front for the fourth time. I could probably crack (ha!) all sorts of bad jokes* using homophonic puns (yolk! yoke!) and rhymes (joke! yoke!) if I weren't half-demented due to sleep deprivation. Which is partly the fault of the stupid dress and partly the fault of daylight savings starting at the same time as school resuming and messing up everyone's sleep patterns. Damn you, faceless bureaucrats messing with our clocks! And while I'm at it, damn you, poorly-explained Burda Style patterns!

I would love to be posting some beautifully-finished garment in the flickr group (how is there so much amazing stuff in there already? I must be the world's slowest sewer!) but as things stand I have no idea when this dress will be finished and whether it will even fit R properly. I have done a bit of work on the beach robes and don't have too far to go with them, but time is so limited as my sewing day really only starts after 9.30pm when the kids are asleep and we've had our dinner.

Oh well, onward and upward...

* My husband is a copywriter, so puns are our bread and butter. At least, that's my excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment